Well, maybe these photos won’t have quite the impact that they did on me, but hopefully they at least inspire you to visit one of the most beautiful mountains in the world!
Home to several glacier lakes and walks suitable for beginners to the expert mountaineer, Mt. Cook never ceases to amaze.
And on the rare day that you see Mt. Cook with out any clouds or wind, chances are you will absolutely freak out over it’s grandeur and pure epicness. (I may or may not have started screaming in the car when I turned the bed and saw what I am about to show you below.
So here they are. My amature photos that will hopefully make you want to drop everything and climb Mt. Cook (or at least hop in a car and go view it from 1st world comforts).
1. The road to Mt. Cook
2. Fall colours mixed with snow capped mountains = (heart faced emoji)
3. But seriously……
4. Mt. Cook looking as if it belongs in Japan….
5. Wanting to run/skip/hop all the way to the tippy top of Mt. Cook!
6. And then, these reflections!!!!
7. Truth: I didn’t leave this spot for over an hour
8. Mt. Cook showing off in every nook and cranny….
9. Reflections + dusk + Mt. Cook = RIDICULOUS
10. JUST WOW. And think–the first man to ever climb to the top of Everest first trained by climbing to the top of Mt. Cook….
I’ll be dreaming mountaineering dreams tonight, and hopefully you do too!